Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Just Deserts of Greed

This is-- or was-- a coupon for dog treats. I pulled it out of Llewellyn's food cannister a couple nights ago and put in on the table till I could see what it was for.

Next morning, I came downstairs and found it in shreds, scattered across the dining room floor!

I tried to put back together, but too many pieces were missing. Llewellyn, old boy, wii haedid uz a ttreetz koopon, butt U eatid it!

So it went in the trash for tomorrow's pickup. O doggie, my goggie, now we'll never know if these were treats of bloomiferous scrumptuosity. It's back to finishing the same old nuggets from the Three Dog Bakery. Foiled by your own precipitous greed!

(And my naivete.)

(Though being such a nice momma, I did save you a wee piece of turkey from Thanksgiving at my friends' . . . )

2 comments:

Sandy said...

It's hard to resist a piece of paper that smells of something good to eat! Poor pup... poor Mom. I'm glad you saved him a wee bit of turkey. I bet he nommed it right down!

Anonymous said...

yur a gud doggeh mummeh!!

happy Thanksgiving,
love,
whiskers