Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Birthday, Wennie!

Today is my calico cat Rhadwen's twelfth birthday!

Here she is, as pretty as ever.

I'm not absolutely certain-sure that's the exact day in 1998 when she was born on the acreage outside Cedar Bluffs, Nebraska, but I seem to remember the family who gave her to me as a kitten telling me that's when her mother gave birth.  So it's a good day to commemorate.

I'm afraid we didn't do much to celebrate.  I forgot to buy tuna at the store, and, due to lawn chemicals on the grass, I couldn't let her spend the day in the back yard.  (Oh, I heard from her about that!)

She's doing very well, regardless of her age, and is the best hunter in the family.  She brought me a live chipmunk a week or two ago that I would not let her bring inside.

So, many Wennie happy returns!

1 comment:

Miss Kitty said...

ADORABLE!!!! What a beautiful 12-year-old kitteh! (Sorry that I'm just now "tuning in" for her birthday announcement. Blog reader FAIL.)

By the way: A photo of my Halloween costume is now on E&P. You'd mentioned you wanted to see it, and I took your suggestion and put up a "discreet, non-identity-revealing" picture. :-)