Monday, April 14, 2008

FBI Update

Llewellyn and I are home from the regular vet's, and yes, the Foreign Body he Ingested on Friday was a trimming from the wool fabric I'm making a suit out of. Pieces of it were in the stool sample he produced this morning, that I brought in for analysis.

He's been eating his bland diet mini-meals hungrily and keeping them down, and was free from pain when the vet palpated his abdomen.

He's definitely acting like his old self-- including barking lustily at the other dogs in the vet's waiting room! Llewellyn, hush!

So is there a moral here?

Maybe that I should have been more diligent and finished this sewing a couple weeks ago. Or that I should be a better housekeeper and vacuum my rugs more often. Or that I should be more preemptive, and have fed him peroxide in water (the vet recommends milk, to get him to drink it voluntarily) to make him throw up the mystery object right after he gulped it down.

But I guess the true moral is, be ready for anything. Dogs is dogs, and if they take a mind to make a meal out of something, they will.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

I am so glad he is going to be all right. What a scare!

St. Blogwen said...

Really. And all the worse because my poor little shaggy terrier Maddie died on April 16 just three years ago.

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor puppy!!

so glad he is okay.

St. Blogwen said...

Thanks, Sandy, thanks, Whiskers. He's still on his regimen, but seems very much back to his dancing, dashing self. When I gave him his meds this evening (concealed in a clump of rice), I thought he'd eat my fingers, too, his appetite is so improved!

Miss Kitty said...

Ohhhhh! Poor Llewellyn! I'm glad he's feeling better now. Pet emergencies are the WORST, aren't they?