Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Kitten Milestone

I dropped Gwenith and Huw off at the vets' this evening. Tomorrow they have their operations.

To read some authors, failing to get your dog or cat spayed or neutered is tantamount to pet abuse.

But I can't help it. Having to take the kittens to get fixed makes me sad.

What on earth for?

Maybe I'm afraid their piquant little personalities might change.

(Though if I let Huw grow into a full-blown tom, his personality very well might change. And not for the better.)

Maybe I feel I'm irrevocably cutting them off from their natural development.

(Yeah, natural developments like incest-engendered kittens running around the house.)

Or maybe, maybe, it's just me thinking, sob, gulp! my babies are growing up so fast!

They're only five months old! And Huw already weighs eight and a half pounds! Gwen is over seven pounds! They're so big, they no longer fit into the cat carrier together! I had to press an empty file box into service to get them to the vet's!

And now they're getting their operations!

They're almost all grownded up!


Whahhhhhh!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I am hoping the kittens are home and are doing well.

St. Blogwen said...

Yes, Sandy, thank you, they're home since Thursday afternoon and getting in the way of my computer as usual!

Miss Kitty said...

I just got my Ernest fixed, and it slowed him down for, oh, two minutes. His crazy, pointless-meowing-24/7 personality is very much intact, even if his cojones are not. >^..^< Your babies will be fine. Try not to worry.