Monday, May 21, 2007

It Seems to Be Working . . .

This past Thursday went to my local PetsMart and traded in the size 2 Halti collar for a size 1. I was pleasantly surprised that they took the larger one back, since Llewellyn had been slobbering over it for the past week.

But then, that's why I had to take it back-- it was too easy for him to get it into his mouth and then off entirely.

So for the past four days we've been trying the smaller one.

And it worries me. He can breathe all right in it, he can eat his dinner wearing it, he can walk for blocks at a good pace in it, he can wear it around the house for an hour or two with no sign of discomfort or distress. But gosh, it looks so small on him! Don't those things come in half sizes?

I suppose I should be glad and leave well enough alone. After all, it's doing its job keeping him from going ballistic when he sees or hears another dog on the street. That's what I want, isn't it?

Yes, but I don't want to hurt him getting it, either.

Well, we have our private lesson later today with the dog training. I'll see what she says.

No comments: