Sunday, May 13, 2007

Making Progress

Here's Llewellyn wearing his new training collar. He's still not thrilled with it, but at least he kept it on for about ten minutes without excessive histrionics. For awhile he even forgot he was wearing it-- when his sister Rhadwen was kakking a hairball and most of her breakfast on the mantlepiece. "Kin I have some a' dat? Smells gooood! "

Using the dry Three Dog Bakery training treats instead of the smoked sausage kept the excitement level down a notch. He loves them, indeed he does; he scarfs them down whole. But the aroma isn't quite so mesmerizingly distracting.

Maybe before tomorrow's sessions I'll actually review the instructions that came with the Halti collar, and we'll make even more progress. Day after I bought the thing, already I'd forgotten where in the house they were. Turned out, they were in the package the collar came in. Where they belonged. Right where I'd put them. Of course!

No comments: