Friday, December 28, 2007

A Christmas Miracle

I brought a fresh-cut, live Christmas tree home and set it up in its stand a week ago on Friday.










I strung the lights on it on Christmas Eve.

I put on the decorations late on Christmas Day. (OK, so I'm time-management challenged! But it helps to celebrate Christmas during Christmas. Hey, I sometimes keep my tree up till Candlemas!)

And the wonder is, with one cat, two kittens, and a large dog, the tree is still up!

And there are no ornaments rolling around the floor!

Miraculous!




Maybe it's the distraction devices I set up on the other side of the front room. Gwenith and Huw have been a lot more interested in the dangly doggy toy with the little jingle bell hanging from the floor lamp and the great big jingle bell hanging from the music stand. Those they can do something with.












Since I put the two e-collars over the tree water well, der Tannenbaum has not been much fun at all.















Except for hiding behind. Always except for that.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

How precious is that kitteh! I was thinking as I was reading that your euphoria may be short lived. Then I was the post where the poor soldier met his demise. At this point in time, I am hoping that the opposition has been satisfied and there will be no more casualties! Happy New Year!

Sandy said...

That would be saw and not was... fingers are getting dyslexic in my old age

St. Blogwen said...

O yess, i noes all abowt teh taibing dissleksha!!!