Thursday, December 20, 2007

Peeking

Yesterday I stopped by the local PetsMart to buy food and a slicker brush for the kittens. As long as I was there, I picked up Christmas presents for my four-leggedy children.

For Llewellyn I chose a giant stuffed carrot. Suitable, considering his penchant for eating everything within reach, not excluding vegetables.

For Rhadwen, Gwenith, and Huw I got a collection of mousies, fuzzy batting balls, jingly rolling balls, that sort of thing. I'll share them out among them all.

So I get home, and I put the bag with the brush and the toys on my bed, out of the way. Then I went up to work in my study.

Time to go to bed last night, here's the PetsMart bag on the bed with the brush and the carrot-- but no kitty toys! Where could they be?

Oh, yes, the bag came open in the back seat of the car on the way home. I'd probably find the plastic pouch of kitteh jollies on the car floor.

Come the morning, I'm getting dressed. I drop an article of clothing on the floor and stoop down to retrieve it.

And what do I see, under the bed? That plastic pouch of kitty toys! So that's what Gwenith and Huw had been up to when I found them lying on the bed so nonchalantly last night! The little peekers had pulled it out of the sack and had been playing with it already!

I guess I hadn't figured on the attraction of the teaser tail toy that's fixed on the outside the pouch.

But who could have figured that even four-legged children would get into their Christmas toys ahead of the day?

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Ah yes. If I bring something like that into the house the girls won't leave the bag alone no matter where I set it. If I wrap them and put them under the tree (of course, I've had to abandon putting up a tree because you put it up, then you put it up again, and then you put it up again... each time with less and less ornaments) they keep dragging it out from under there!

Merry Christmas to you and the children!

St. Blogwen said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

I have got a tree (a live one), which so far they are not climbing. But all three of my kittehs insist on drinking out of the water holder. And making a wet mess all over the floor.

I haven't decorated the tree yet-- I've got to get another E-collar first. I'll use it with the one I have to make a shield.

And hope it works.

Daisy said...

Merry Christmas!