Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Invaders

The kittens went to the vet's this afternoon.

They don't know about the vet's, yet. And so they were out to take over the world.


It was all I could do to keep Tiger's little paws out of the used needle hazardous waste bin.

And Fluff ("Cream o' Wheat" is just too much of a mouthful-- so to speak) made a thorough inspection of the examination table, while Tiger was out of the room getting blood drawn.

But they behaved themselves very prettily when they were getting their eyes and ears and hearts examined, and they thought the worming medicine was nom nom nom.


More to the point, they tested negative for worm eggs (but I'm to watch their stools for dead spaghetti-looking adults--feh!). And negative for feline leukemia. First stage of the distemper vaccination today, but the vet told me they can't have their rabies, etc., shots till they're twelve weeks old or so. And he estimates them at about eight weeks now.

So despite what the Internet feral cat fostering advice sites say, I can't let Rhadwen near them in only two weeks. I have to wait four.

That is, of course, if they're still with me at that time.

And in case you were wondering, Tiger, the brown tabby, is a boy, and Fluff/Cream o' Wheat, the pale ginger tabby, is a girl. I'm glad of that. Sounds silly, but looking at her little face the past couple of days, I'd been thinking she made an awfully off-key boy cat. But as a girl, she's adorable.

No comments: