Monday, August 13, 2007

I Think of Something Useful

Today I brought my shop vac over to my friends' Hannah* and Steve's* about-to-be old house, for them to use when they finish getting their goods and chattels out.

And I got to see the kittens.


Turns out, the calico isn't a calico. It's a brown tabby. He and his pinky-yellow brother (or sister? We don't know yet!) have been moved into a large doggie kennel borrowed from Steve's parents.

I saw them hunkered there in the middle of the family room floor, and I thinks to myself, I thinks, "Gosh, they really must be in the way with all this moving going on. And the new house isn't ready yet and Hannah and Steve and Stevie* and Letitia* are living with the grandparents until it is. How can they manage the kittens as well?"

So I've offered to take the kitties home to my house, at least until the family gets settled out in the country. And Hannah* has gladly agreed. Their two grown-up cats are enough to think about at the moment as it is.

No comments: